Click above to view the slides of our most recent Parent Workshop held in February 2023.
There are some helpful tips, apps and websites at the end of these slides.
All of the Speed Tables Levels your pupils will undertake as they move through KS2. And (importantly)...the answers!
Some insight into how your child might present their mathematics at home, based on how we teach it in class.
Department of Education Non-Statutory Guidance on Maths KS1 and KS2
What people say about Maths at Mithian School
''Strong teaching is increasingly evident across the school, with pupils readily stating that mathematics is their most improved and often most enjoyable subject.''
Year 5/6- What type of Maths do you like best?
Pupil Survey 2023
What you can do to help your child with Mathematics at home...
Want to support your child at home with their Mathematics?
- Times tables poster in their room
- Any songs which teach times tables (in the car, for example)
- Analogue clock somewhere in the home
- Roman numerals clock somewhere in the home
- Practical Application of Mathematics: Making a cake? Building a tree house?